Sunday, April 3, 2011

Lesson 7 Prompt: Audience for Essay

Who is the audience for your essay? What is the thesis of essay? Does it include the claim and 3 supporting reasons to make it a stong thesis?

For my essay I wrote on the current secondary suits battle that is being fought in Calgary’s city hall. My audience was city alderman and Mayor Naheed Nenshi who have the will make the final decision on wither or not to allow secondary suits. My thesis was, “City council would be making a mistake by voting down any legislation that allows secondary suits, as these suits should be permitted across the city of Calgary because it will create affordable housing, allow for a regulated market, and slow urban sprawl that has exploded over the last decade.” The claim that secondary suits should be permitted is supported by three strong arguments: that it will create affordable housing, allow for a regulated market and slow urban sprawl. I believe that my thesis is a strong one and it includes three strong supporting arguments.

No comments:

Post a Comment