Monday, May 2, 2011

Lesson 14 Prompt: If You Could Do It All Again

Write about what you wish you had done differently while you worked on your paper.

Overall I am fairly happy with how my research paper went. I was very happy with my planning and research. I think I planned and researched enough to fully understand the topic and all opinions on it. Obviously it is fairly tough to defend something that has a negative environmental impact. I wish I had have gone over the environmental argument a little more thoroughly but I was running out of available space. One thing that greatly helped with the writing process was having summaries of each source I used. When I was looking to make a certain point it was easy to look back over my notes and find which source would support that point best. I wrote the rough draft in only one day and I sort of rushed it a little bit. This led to some wording problems that made the revising process a little bit longer. Having my mom there to help me in the revising process was great though and I was able to fix most of my mistakes. This was a really fun topic to research as it is so controversial here in Canada. The federal election is today and two of the major parties ran on platforms that may slow oil sands development and it will be very interesting to see what happens if they get power. All things considered I am pretty happy with how everything went and I look forward to similar writing assignments in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment