Monday, May 2, 2011

Lesson 15 Prompt: Cover Letter

Joseph Cahill
28 Evergreen Way S.W
Calgary Alberta T2Y 3K7

May 2, 2011

Dave Campbell
Vice President of Operations
BP Canada
240 4th Ave S.W
Calgary AB T2Y 3K7

Dr Mr Campbell:

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to you as a writer in hopes of gaining part time employment with BP Canada. I have recently completed an English 111 course, which was offered through the University of Alaska Fairbanks. The course has taught me a great deal about the writing process and has made me a much stronger writer.

My father, Paul Cahill, works at BP Canada and has only great things to say about the company. He has informed me of an internship position in your Human Resources department and has recommended it to me. I feel that BP will provide a positive business atmosphere that will allow for me to get to know the ropes in the business world.

I have attached a copy of my writing resume and I would hope that you take a moment to read over it. I feel that with my Dad working for the company already I will be able to settle in at BP very quickly. I feel that my English course has taught me enough to be a valuable asset to your company. I am quite a hard worker and I work well in a team environment. This would be a great opportunity for me and I would love nothing more than to have a chance to work with BP.

Thank you very much for your time and for your consideration. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Sincerely,
Joseph Cahill

Joseph Cahill
English F111

No comments:

Post a Comment