Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lesson 4 Prompt: Favourite pre-writing strategy

Which of the suggested Tasks from Writing Arguments did you find most helpful in pre-writing your revision? Why?

I found that idea mapping was the most helpful pre-writing strategy in writing arguments. My English teachers in high school had us use them for many assignments so I have some experience with it. Idea mapping allows for a flow of topics that I can use for arguments and helps me to make connections that I may not have thought of without putting pen to paper. I also like the free-writing technique. By making myself write for an allotted time period and not have to worry about grammar, spelling etc. ideas flowed more freely and I was able to come up with support that I may not have thought of if I had not let my mind ponder the subject aloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment