Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lesson 4 Prompt: Peer Recommendations

Did you ask anyone else to make recommendations about your revising process? Why or why not?
I got my roommate Ryan Elliot to help me with my revising process. I have been friends with Elliot for a long time so he knows me very well and his ideas helped me to revise my arguments. I also respect his opinions and value his input. I find that it is always helpful to use others when writing for many reasons. Just talking with someone, as I did for this essay, always helps to generate new ideas and to see the topic from another perspective. When I was in high school I got my mom to help me with a lot of writing assignments. She is very good with English but usually I would get her to help me with most of the technical parts of my work but once and a while when I was stuck I would go to her for ideas. Using other people to help with the writing process is a great idea and I would highly recommend it to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment