Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lesson 5 Prompt: Which technique would you choose not to use again?

I would not say that I would not use any of the techniques explained in Hacker again. They are all valuable in different situations and I am a strong believer in pre-writing. Pre-writing is great it helps you map out strong ideas and lays out what your paper is going to look like. In my opinion it saves a lot of time in the long run as it helps me avoid writers block. After I have done my pre-writing I know exactly what I am going to write about and I just have to worry about how I am going to word the paper. However that being said, if there was one technique I would not rush to use again it would be the journalist’s questions technique. I do not find that this technique is as valuable as other free-writing strategies however if I ever found myself writing a newspaper article or other journalist paper I can see how it would be helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment